Monday, December 21, 2009

Our First Christmas!


Our first Christmas together - as husband and wife! Such an exciting time! Aaron and I are so looking forward to Christmas - so much that we put up decorations two weeks before Thanksgiving. We did this so that we would
be able to fully enjoy them!

One evening, we went to Wal-Mart, and we came across a white tree. We bought all of the decorations there and put it up that weekend. Travis helping us out...


Our finished product.


We thought we needed a 2 foot white tree - with pink and green ornaments.


Here's the mantle! LOVE IT. Aaron had a deer that he had spray painted white, but due to the texture of the deer, it didn't look great. This year, we painted him red. We're really pleased with the results.


Now onto the tree! We started off with red, blue, silver, green ornaments. Once we were finished hanging them, we placed sentimental ornaments. My ornaments were still in TN, and I wouldn't get them till after Thanksgiving. We made attempts to save room for mine. After we finished placing the ornaments, we decided that this was enough - that it was our tree.

Some of your may recall Aaron's tree from last year.


Aaron and I ordered an ornament for our first Christmas together.


Ethan and Jennifer got us this one. I absolutely love it.


And we couldn't forget Travis!


While we were on our honeymoon, we went to a pottery place, All Fired Up. There we painted our own pottery. We chose to paint Christmas ornaments. I painted the stocking.


Aaron's


We also put up a tree for the "Newlywed" ornaments. It had different ornaments and their meanings.


Thought we would add a decoration to the tree.


My favorite spot in the house - this end of the couch. Love the view!


Here's wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Wow, girl! That's a lot of trees. How fun. My husband would kill me if I put that many trees up...though I wish I could! :-)