Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Merry Christmas to me, not really...

Well, it just goes to show you that things do happen for a reason, even though they may be at the most inopportune times.

I'm fortunate to have two vehicles: one that I drive to and from work and my other car that I bought after college as a present to myself. I love my Altima! I've been paying on it for quite sometime! Hehe.

I took my red car, Pontiac Grand Am, to get the oil changed and a brake check. I ended up needed an entire brake system, which was going to cost me $334.55. Nice, huh? Just need to place a bow on that car and say, "Merry Christmas."

I dropped it off this morning, and they were going to call once they were finished. Tonight, I go back to work for three nights. So, I needed to be able to get the car, and attempt a nap before work this evening(which I'm learning that I don't really sleep any on my first night back anymore).

When my Mom and I got there, they were testing the brakes. They parked it, and the cable to the shifter(5-speed manual) broke! One more thing that needs to be fix...

All I can say is that I truly know I'm blessed, because it easily could have happened on my drive to or from work...and you know, I do have transportation to get to work. On the other hand, I guess it's a good thing I'll have 54 hours on this week...

1 comment:

Joy said...

That stinks =0( I'm sorry... but like you said, at least you weren't driving when it happened...