Sunday, January 11, 2009

My apologies....

As you most know, I'm engaged to an incredible man! I'm extremely blessed that God gave us 'another' opportunity. I do apologize for the lack of blogging(to our dear friends from Maryland). I've been quite busy getting all the details underway.

Onto important things...
  • The church and reception are booked. Had that done within about 2 weeks of the engagement. I know lots of people were teasing me, asking, "What are you doing to do next week if you get everything done this week?"
  • The dress and veil have been ordered. Should be in by April. Love it. Can't wait to try it on(again), altered, fitted!
  • Bridesmaids dresses. Easy. Black and white.
  • Florist. Photographer. Cake. Done!
  • Finally found junior bridesmaid dress that were on sale, that would fit my 3 girls, and that were in stock. (They were on sale, because the style was being discontinued. I wanted to make sure, without rushing the two families, that they were able to order the dresses without difficulty, so that all 3 girls would have on the same dress. However, honestly, it's not something I was going to worry about had they been different).l
  • Thanks to some more dear friends of ours - we had some 'unofficial' engagement photos made in the downtown area of Arkadelphia. And we used one of the photos, and the talents of our friends to make our save the date cards - which will be mailed at the end of this month.
  • Speaking of save the date cards, I've had to give Aaron a date for him to complete his portion of the invites/labels. His response, "I have a date to work towards." I did tell him that I didn't mind typing them for him.

Things to do...

  • Finish the hotel accommodations for our out of town guests - which has somewhat been an ordeal.
  • Menu for the rehearsal dinner and reception.
  • Decide on invitations
  • A calligrapher...or someone with nice handwriting. If you know of any, please let us know. I think I'm almost to the point - "Who cares? The guests aren't going to keep the envelope, right?"
  • REGISTERING. We're doing this on Thursday, Jan 29th.
  • Send the save the dates cards.
  • Start working on our blog (that will be listed on the save the date card) that will have info about each of us, information, hotel accommodations, interests, touristy items.
  • I'm sure there are more things I've forgotten.
  • Most of all, PAYING for the wedding! :)

I'm so excited. It seems so much more real since we're in 2009. There's alot of transitioning that lies ahead, and each day, I keep trying to prepare myself. I'm ready...I'm ready to become Pursuing Pineapple's wife. I'm ready for June 13, 2009.

Thank you to each and everyone one of you - for your love, support, encouragement.

4 comments:

Aaron said...

I'm ready too!

Vegas?

Joy said...

Hey... if you do... I want to be one of your witnesses!!!

MAC said...

You know, if you would push that date back just 10 little days, you would be getting married on my 6th anniversary! :-)
Just kidding. . . we wouldn't want to share that day with the likes of you (maybe if you still came around or called once in a while. . . ). ;-)

Nothing but love for you, Rach. So glad things are going well in the planning department. Would love to see you sometime when you're not busy, so I'm guessing sometime around 2015 or 2020?

Love you!

The FitzWilliams said...

We can't wait either! We're glad you're back on the blogging bandwagon!
MLW