Monday, January 12, 2009

Reflection of 2008

As I was looking through some blogs, I saw a few reflections of the past year. So I decided I would do the same - almost halfway through January 2009.
2008
January
  • Sinus surgery #2

February

  • Don't recall anything significant

March

  • Took a trip to Birmingham to see my sweet LeeAnna!

April

  • Ordered glasses and contacts for the first time!
  • Took a trip to Arkadelphia for the weekend - Prairie Home Companion & the beginning of some "negotiations."

May

  • Softball season.
  • 2nd annual trip to the Dancing Dog Bed & Breakfast.

June

  • Stem-Crabtree Wedding
  • The moment when I knew I had found love, peace, and the me I was meant to be!

July

  • Meeting the Ward family
  • A trip to Spartanburg, SC to see another beautiful couple married: Collins-Jett wedding!
  • A short & sweet trip to Memphis - celebrating my birthday!

August

  • A week long trip to Newfoundland - wonderful experience!
  • Belleville River Bash.
  • 8.29.08 - I got engaged to Pursuing Pineapple!!
  • Ashley's bridal shower!
  • Jarboe-Rowe wedding.

September

  • The beginning of planning for the big day - 6.13.2009
  • The remembrance of my nephew, Dalton (9.2.2005).
  • Quick trip to West Virginia to visit the family! Wonderful weekend at the River. Weekend filled with food, fun, fellowship, and CORNHOLE!
  • Greer-Singleton Wedding!

October

  • 10 year high school reunion
  • Dress shopping - where I found my dress at the White Room.
  • 2 trips to Arkadelphia
  • Halloween with Aaron, as Fred and Wilma. Had the greatest time passing out candy to the kids. I think the best moments were the children trying to figure out who Aaron really was.

November

  • Same trip - 1st engagement party in Arkadelphia!
  • More wedding planning, details!

December

  • Spent the weekend with Aaron's family in Natchitoches, LA - the Christmas Festival. Tour of the town where Steel Magnolias was filmed. Got to see some plantations homes, which I loved. CHRISTMAS PARADE & FIREWORKS. Had a wonderful time with my new family.
  • Signed the papers to put my house up for sale - a little emotional and overwhelming.
  • Christmas with Aaron in Murfreesboro. It was a great weekend - I think we both gave gifts to the other knowing that we would both get them back. I got him the Wii, with WilPlay & Mario Kart. He got me a BEAUTIFUL 1994 Matisse painting - appears to be a fatigued bride lounging back in a chair - I'm sure I'll be able to 'relate.'

Just a few memorable moments of 2008. Already make more in 2009 - and we still have the year to go!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Rachel, reading through this, I am just reminded of how much we don't understand until God makes his big "Reveal".

I love you and I'm so excited for you and Aaron, and I'm so glad that I got to be there for part of the events that unfolded into your beautiful romance.

We need to catch up sometime, chica!