Tuesday, March 17, 2009

another late night blog...

It's 2am - seems like that's when I've done most of my blogging lately.

Over the last week, I haven't been sleeping well. Most of you know, I work night shift, 7p-7a (3 12 hour shifts, which end up being usually 16 hours by the time I get up - work - home). However when I'm not working, I always flip back to a day shift schedule. It's almost been a week - and I haven't quite adjusted for some reason. I know the end of last week was due to the flu. Now, I'm feeling better, and I'm sitting here at the computer yawning, but once I lay down - I seem to be wide awake. And when I do fall asleep, I wake up every hour or so.

  • Is it because I work night shift? Maybe.
  • Is it just one of those periods where I can't sleep well? Probably.
  • Is it stress related? I don't think so - because I think everything is coming together quite well.
  • Am I ready to be at the point in my life where I can sleep throughout the night? Absolutely. That doesn't look like it's going to happen till after June 3rd(which is my tentative last day/night at Vandy before the wedding)!

I'm going back to bed...hoping to fall asleep soon.

No comments: