Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It's 2am...

It's 2am - and I'm driving home from work. Scheduled an extra shift from 7p-3a. Since we had such wonderful staff - I was able to leave an hour early.

So...that 40 mile drive home at 2am. It was quite nice - and I wasn't tired, which is unusual. I find it more difficult driving home from 2a-5a, than after my 12 hours at 7a.

I-24 East to Murfreesboro: A clear evening, the moon is almost full. The interstate was nearly empty - no cars in front of me, no cars behind me. Whereas, I passed semi after semi heading toward Nashville or wherever their destination maybe.

It was a good drive home - where I was able to enjoy the cooler weather - decompress from the night at work. On occasion, I tend to think that I like having at 45-50 minute drive home - where I can wind down from the evening - but sometimes, it just isn't enough.

Hope everyone is sleeping well! :)

No comments: