Saturday, August 2, 2008

Camp Hope

I know many of you have heard me speak of Camp Hope - it is truly a passion of mine! My friend, Ashley and I directed this camp for 3 years, and I was involved with it 3 years prior. I love these kids! They have hold a dear place in my heart!



Camp Hope is a for children who are burn survivors! I had the opporunity to go out and see them yesterday for a few hours. It was so great to see them - letting me know how much they missed us. I can't post most of the pictures due to HIPPA, but here are few of myself and some of the other counselors!





Here's Samantha - wearing all of the fireman's gear in 95 degree heat! She's one of the occupational therapist.



This is Kelly. She's a survivor of Stephens-Johnson Syndrome. She has participated by being one of the counselors for several years!


LifeFlight made their appearance! The kids were super excited.

I'll close this post with a quote that I think sums up a burn survivor - a true survivor.

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These people have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep, loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."
~Elizabeth Kubler Ross~

No comments: