Monday, August 25, 2008

Poncho the Possum

Last Saturday (after work - I had to go to a funeral service), I went to pick up my Mom, and we went to church where the service was being held. As I'm driving, my Mom tells me this story. She said that last night they(my parents) heard a noise on the porch, and the dogs(Joli and Barney) were barking. Mom goes outside to see what it is - and it's a possum that has gotten into the dog food. My mother - being the photographer that she is - gets her digital camera that I got her for her birthday and proceeds to take pictures of this possum. She laid the garbage barrel(what she had the dog food in) on it's side so that the possum could get out AND obtain a better picture.

A few days later - same thing - Joli had heard something and started barking. Mom goes out and see the possum curled up in the dog food.


Mom has decided to name him Poncho! :)

2 comments:

Ladybird said...

We had a opossum that came up on our back porch to get in the trash a couple of years ago. Birddog tried to feed it, because he was worried that it was hungry! The opossum played dead of corse! Birddog is a softy!

Aaron said...

great pictures!