Wednesday, November 21, 2007

After working four nights...the braces came off.



So, it was my weekend on @ work. Friday was pretty eventful. Saturday was a good night. Sunday started off slow, then we had two level one traumas come in. Very sad story. Monday. It was a typical Monday. Extremely busy. I was hoping to get to leave early, however, that didn't happen.


Yesterday, I had my appointment at the orthodontist to have my braces removed! Woohoo! I struggled to make it home. I so should have stopped at Starbucks on the way home, but you know, I thought I could do it! I ate breakfast at Stones River Grill. I got some chocolate chip pancakes! Yum! To stay awake, I stopped by to see my Mom at work. Saw some of the ladies there that I hadn't seen in quite sometime.

I arrived at the orthodontist a few minutes early. Took me back and seated me. I nearly fell asleep, waiting! Now, I don't recall how intense removing my braces were ten years ago, but I thought they were going to rip my teeth out. I kept thinking, 'this isn't going to be good.' However, they were able to remove the brackets and glue. Now, I have a (semi) permanent retainer on my top teeth! Yay! Now, I'm enjoying rubbing my tongue across my smooth teeth!

I made it home. I had every intention to have dinner with some friends, but with lack of sleep over the weekend and how long I had stayed up, it just didn't happened. Obviously, I needed the sleep, because I slept from 11:15am till 10pm(with a 30 minute period of being awake).

I must say I feel better after having slept! :)

1 comment:

Ladybird said...

Unfortunantly Birddog's little cousin got her braces on two days before Thanksgiving. It was a mac-n-cheese and mashed potato holiday for her. Your smile looks GREAT! I bet you feel like a new woman!