Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving List

It's a few days late, but you get the idea. Here are a few of the things I'm thankful for, some silly and some serious!

  • an awesome God--who shows His love and mercy through so much
  • ignorant parents--job security
  • one of my first jobs--shooting range--the greatest job ever
  • Belleville River Bash--reunion of family and friends--the most stress free weekend of the year
  • the upbringing of a WWII veteran & a baby boomer--thanks Mom and Dad!
  • my brothers, Ethan(who will be there at any moment, especially at 5:30am on the interstate) & Mark(very grateful for the opportunities getting to know him)
  • the children @ Camp Hope--they are my heroes!
  • the weekly lunches with the group from church
  • I have to agree with MJ, not working in retail!
  • the foundation of nursing that was given to me by the experienced & absolutely amazing RNs in the Burn Center
  • the detours in life
  • Steve Fisher--one of the greatest men I know--I miss him so much!
  • my grandparents, who really aren't my grandparents, but are my grandparents
  • those few people in my that I know who will be there at any time
  • slurpees, even though I can only get them when I go to WV. they're @ 7/Elevens
  • the foundation of my faith @ New Hope
  • the opportunity to help people each & every day
  • the awesome (nightshift) staff that I work with--nothing has to be said, it's just done. great teamwork! we always manage to have fun, even if it's 216%. we get through it--together!

2 comments:

Ladybird said...

And COFFEE! You can't forget to be thankful for COFFEE!

Joy said...

SLURPEES!!!! w00t!!!