Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The day before the knife...

Let me start off by saying, the next time I say that I can do four nights in a row (especially leading up to surgery, which I hope not to have again, at least sinus surgery), please convince me otherwise!

Had a good Saturday and Sunday at work. We actually had beds to place our admitted patients. I didn't sleep much on Monday, because the furniture store came to the house at 3pm to deliver my new TV stand! It's so pretty...I love it! (Going to buy a TV today)!

Go to work Monday night, tired...it was a good night. A little busy, steady at first. Nothing exciting happened. However, I seem like intubating (placing a tube into your lungs) little babies that don't want to breathe. I mean, come on...why don't you want to breathe?! Hehe. I say this because I've had three to do this recently (10 day old, 19 day old, 57 day old). And of course, this happens at shift change. Being the good nurse I am, I stayed throughout the procedure and waited for our critical care consult. The coolest thing of all, I stuck my first scalp vein! Meaning, I placed an IV my baby's scalp! I know you're thinking, "Oh my, that's horrible!" I enjoyed the pleasure of knowing I got it! :)

I slept really well yesterday (Tuesday). I was able to leave this morning (Wednesday) at 3am. I've slept from 5a-8a. And for some stupid reason, I'm awake...typing this blog! Haha.

Tomorrow is my surgery. Scheduled for 0730. Mean, I have to leave the house around 5:15am, to be there by 6am. Depending on how good or bad I look post-op is whether or not I'll post pictures! Hehe.

Thanks for reading...have a great day! :)

1 comment:

Joy said...

I told you you were nuts for doing it... but noooooo, you could handle it!! hahaha... hope you get some good rest today! Have fun tv shopping =0)