Friday, January 18, 2008

Post-Op day 1

Hello to all! I would like to say thank you for all of your thoughts & prayers. They're greatly appreciated! :)


I must say that I'm doing much better than the last surgery (three years ago). However, I am a little more sore today than yesterday.

I'm going to attach three pictures...





This is my inferior turbinate.




The inferior turbinates are the largest turbinates, and can be as long as the index finger, and are responsible for the majority of airflow direction, humidification, heating, and filtering of air inhaled through the nose.
So, basically, they reduced (by liposuction) my inferior and middle turbinates, because they were so inflamed and hypertrophic(BIG).





This is a mucus cyst that was located in my left sphenoid sinus, which per the MD, was causing my sinus infections.



They also did a left sphenoidectomy to open up the airflow to that sinus cavity.






This is an amazing picture of me with my drip pad! :)

Don't laugh! Hehe. It's ok...I will!








1 comment:

Joy said...

whatever.... you just had a nose job... hehe =0)